Quote of the Now

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

— Mark Twain

1.19.2010

Reality Check

Today was the first day of my spring classes, and I left early enough that I could get there in time to find a parking spot, walk a ways if I had to park in the boondocks, and find my class. I got there to see cones lining off the streets, men in reflective jackets, and a bunch of sports-loving idiots walking across the roads in front of cars where there isn't even a crosswalk.

I love that colleges take the random public more into consideration that the students that are keeping them open. We pay out thousands of dollars to them, we work our asses off and donate our time to them. Most of us have jobs on top of going to school full time. But none of this seems to matter the whoever puts together the events, because they decided to have an event and cordon off half of the largest parking lot on campus, the one right next to my class, for a bunch of flag-waving, painted morons, most of which never even GOT a college degree and probably intend to work for walmart for the rest of their lives.

I spent twenty minutes fighting through crowds of cars, idiots wearing MY university's colors, many of whom decided to walk down the middle of the lane without any consideration for the crowds of cars that they were holding up (who had classes to get to), and when I looked at my clock and realized I was five minutes late for class, completely lost, all the way across campus from where I needed to be, and still not able to find a parking space, I left.

I should mention that the class I missed was a math class, which is my worst subject, and the class is apparently half online, which confuses the hell out of me, and I probably won't ever figure out how that works because this was my first class of the semester. They generally don't go through the syllabus twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Milo (K's Kitty)